Helping you recover from a motorcycle or traffic accident
Whether you have had a simple rear-end collision or you were T-boned by another vehicle, the attorneys at Gallagher, Langlas & Gallagher, P.C. are fully equipped to assist you. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand how a lawsuit may provide you or a loved one who has been injured with the resources necessary to move forward after a life-changing injury. We are sensitive to your needs and can travel to meet you in the hospital or at home to discuss your legal options.
Thoroughly investigating the causes of your crash-related injuries
Design errors, construction flaws and improper maintenance of Iowa roadways can contribute to car crashes. Proving allegations that roadway issues caused or contributed to your wreck can be difficult due to the technical issues involved, but experienced personal injury attorneys can make the best case. Examples of flaws in streets and highways include:
- Curbs can have a defective design or be placed in inappropriate locations.
- Medians and guardrails can add to the severity of your wreck.
- Where the roadway winds and curves, the outer edge of the curve is usually elevated to reduce the risk of a vehicle veering off the curve. The banking may be faulty if it is too high or too low.
- Speed breakers or bumps can be improperly constructed.
- Improperly functioning traffic lights and signs can contribute to your accident. Signs may not be located in a place that provides adequate warning of road conditions.
Below are other common causes of car crashes involving “human error”:
- Texting or talking on the telephone
- Drunk driving
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Driving in inclement weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving, such as rubbernecking
As a seasoned personal injury law firm, we thoroughly investigate all the potential causes of your accident-related injury, including roadway flaws and the negligence of the drivers involved in the wreck.
What are common types of injuries resulting from auto accidents?
No two automobile accidents are the same. There are a variety of injuries that can result from a traffic accident, ranging from minor scrapes and bruises to catastrophic injuries and even death. Below are examples of some of the injuries we have handled:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Quadriplegia, paraplegia and paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Lost limbs (amputations)
- Closed head injuries
- Spine injuries
Contact knowledgeable Waterloo personal injury attorneys for a free consultation